TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AT THE TIME OF BOOKING, YOU MUST AGREE TO HONOR AND ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LAID DOWN BY ACTIVE HIGHS LTD AND MUST MAKE ALL THE PARTICIPANTS IN YOUR PARTY AWARE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- A non refundable deposit of 50% of the total amount is payable at the time of your booking
- The outstanding balance must be payable no later than two weeks prior to your activity
- Bookings are confirmed when Active Highs receives your full payment. A booking confirmation will be sent to the bookers email.
- Accredited companies may pay on receipt of invoice
- Invoices payable within 15 days
- All invoices and outstanding balances must be paid on the date of the trip or no later than 15 days of the date of invoice. Active Highs charge all outstanding accounts at 2.5% interest for every seven days thereafter. VAT is charged at the standard rate on all invoices.
- Active Highs reserves the right to make exceptions to the above where instances dictate
- Payments will be made to the following companies – Active Highs Ltd
BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Active Highs accept bookings either verbally, by email or written letter
- Final numbers of participants must be confirmed by telephone or email no later than two weeks prior to the trip. Failure to do this will result in the client being charged for the full amount of persons booked
- Weekends are a particularly busy time throughout the year, so to avoid disappointment please book your trip as early as possible.
- All cancellations must be advised in writing and signed by the person who originally made the booking with Active Highs.
- Cancellations are accepted as from the date Active Highs receives the written confirmation of cancellation
- Cancellations incur the following charges: – 1. Date of booking to two weeks prior to the booking – client will lose their non-refundable deposit. 2. Within two weeks of the booking – client will be charged the full amount of the trip.
- If an activity is unable to go ahead due to inclement weather, Active Highs reserves the right to change location or offer a suitable alternative activity.
- Active Highs Ltd will not be held liable for any accommodation, transport or other third party costs that have been incurred by you in the event of a cancelation.
CANCELATION POLICY FOR BOOKINGS AFFECTED BY CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
For all trips currently booked:
If customers are unable to make an activity due to official travel restrictions put in place due to the Coronavirus virus, all payments will be credited to a future trip. Valid for 24 months. Clients should forward written evidence with regards to official travel advice.
If customers are fearful of traveling and pull out voluntarily, no refund is given and we would offer guests a 25% discount on a future trip. Valid for 24 months. Compensation for trips cancelled under these circumstances should be handled through the clients travel insurer and Active Highs would assist by working with the insurer by providing vital information.
If customers are traveling to Scotland from a High Risk area the British Government are recommending that upon arrival to the UK they self isolate. Active Highs therefore will reserve the right to try to reschedule an amended date for the booking which falls within these guidelines.
TRIP INSURANCE – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Because many deposits and final payments for trip packages are non-refundable, it is highly recommended that you purchase trip insurance in the event that you have to cancel, postpone or reschedule your trip for any reason. Please be aware that this is the only way that Active highs Ltd can assist you with compensation for a cancelled trip.
- Included in the cost of the activity is all of the necessary safety equipment and qualified, professional guiding
- Water Activities: You are expected to bring old trainers, something to wear under a wetsuit, a towel and a change of warm clothes
- Land Activities: You are expected to bring sturdy, outdoor footwear (no open toe footwear) and appropriate clothing for changeable weather, including waterproofs
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- In the interests of health and safety, alcohol and intoxicated persons will not be allowed to participate in activities. No refund will be given if people are denied in this circumstance.
- For all water activities, all participants must be mentally and physically able and be comfortable in this environment. A basic level of water confidence is required.
- We endeavor to run the safest, most fun trips possible, therefore age restrictions are in place. Please ask when making your booking and ensure you provide accurate details of all participants to avoid any disappointment.
- Active Highs reserve the right to change the venue or activity of any trip if conditions are not suitable on the day.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone any trip/activity due to inclement weather.
- Even though Active Highss carries full Public Liability Insurance, it is strongly suggested that participants carry their own personal accident policy that covers them for the activity they are undertaking. Personal accident policies are usually available from your own insurance broker.
- ALL participants must be made aware by the person booking the trip that all outdoor adventurous activities carry a degree of risk, even though Active Highs has tried to minimise these risks. Participants will only be accepted on the understanding that they are aware of these risks and wish to participate of their own free will.
- All participants will be asked to read, understand and sign a Declaration of Risk outlining the specific hazards of each activity, this will be completed prior to the activity taking place
- Under 18s will have the aforementioned formed signed by a parent or guardian
- All school and youth group trips will require parental/ guardian consent forms and medical forms to be completed prior to activity
- Active Highs reserve the right to make alterations to website and other marketing media details, and any other company documents, before and after any booking has been received and confirmed. Most of these changes will be minor and in most cases we will inform you at the earliest opportunity.