AT THE TIME OF BOOKING, YOU MUST AGREE TO HONOUR AND ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LAID DOWN BY ACTIVE HIGHS LTD AND MUST MAKE ALL THE PARTICIPANTS IN YOUR PARTY AWARE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- A non refundable deposit of 50% of the total amount is payable at the time of your booking
- The outstanding balance must be payable no later than two weeks prior to your activity
- Bookings are confirmed when Active Highs receives full payment. A booking confirmation will be sent to the bookers email.
- Accredited companies may pay on receipt of invoice
- Invoices payable within 15 days
- All invoices and outstanding balances must be paid on the date of the trip or no later than 15 days of the date of invoice. Active Highs charge all outstanding accounts at 2.5% interest for every seven days thereafter. VAT is charged at the standard rate on all invoices.
- Active Highs reserves the right to make exceptions to the above where instances dictate
- Payments will be made to the following companies – Active Highs Ltd
BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Active Highs accept bookings either verbally, by email or written letter
- Final numbers of participants must be confirmed by telephone or email no later than two weeks prior to the trip. Failure to do this will result in the client being charged for the full amount of persons booked
- Weekends are a particularly busy time throughout the year, so to avoid disappointment please book your trip as early as possible.
- All cancellations must be advised in writing and signed by the person who originally made the booking with Active Highs.
- Cancellations are accepted as from the date Active Highs receives the written confirmation of cancellation
- Cancellations incur the following charges: – 1. Date of booking to two weeks prior to the booking – client will lose their non-refundable deposit. 2. Within two weeks of the booking – client will be charged the full amount of the trip.
- If an activity is unable to go ahead due to inclement weather, Active Highs reserves the right to change location or offer a suitable alternative activity.
- Active Highs Ltd will not be held liable for any accommodation, transport or other third party costs that have been incurred by you in the event of a cancelation.
- Included in the cost of the activity is all of the necessary safety equipment and qualified, professional guiding
- Water Activities: You are expected to bring old trainers, something to wear under a wetsuit, a towel and a change of warm clothes
- Land Activities: You are expected to bring sturdy, outdoor footwear (no open toe footwear) and appropriate clothing for changeable weather, including waterproofs
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- In the interests of health and safety, alcohol and intoxicated persons will not be allowed to participate in activities. No refund will be given if people are denied in this circumstance.
- For all water activities, all participants must be mentally and physically able and be comfortable in this environment. A basic level of water confidence is required.
- We endeavour to run the safest, most fun trips possible, therefore age restrictions are in place. Please ask when making your booking and ensure you provide accurate details of all participants to avoid any disappointment.
- Active Highs reserve the right to change the venue or activity of any trip if conditions are not suitable on the day.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone any trip/activity due to inclement weather.
What We Are Doing
Active Highs are taking all necessary steps to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus infection and have put measures in place to protect our staff, customers and local residents. We have carried out detailed risk assessments for all of our activities and implemented new policies and procedures for cleaning of equipment & running activities with social distancing measures.
These measures will minimise the risk of any infection but cannot eliminate the risk of infection entirely.
What We Need You To Do
We ask that if you, or any member of your party, are showing any signs of COVID-19 prior to activity then please cancel your trip and follow the government guidelines on self isolation and testing.
We also ask that prior to and after any activity you wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water or sanitise using anti viral hand sanitiser.
Please adhere to any social distancing guidelines and follow instructions from Active Highs staff on selecting and handing back any clothing and equipment.
If you own your own wetsuit then please bring it and use it.
Provision of First Aid
All outdoor activity involves risk and although we have a superb record for running safe yet challenging activities, first aid provision has to be part of our risk assessment and the safety of customers and staff. We will only be able to carry limited PPE and more invasive procedures such as CPR, close contact, will not be an option, a form of self-help, applying dressings, or from a family member with guidance from or guides, this will be introduced following guidance from professional sources.
We may be obliged to ask about current symptoms and medical history if we consider it appropriate to safeguard against the Corona Virus and protect all involved, which will always be our first priority.
- Even though Active Highs carries full Public Liability Insurance, it is strongly suggested that participants carry their own personal accident policy that covers them for the activity they are undertaking. Personal accident policies are usually available from your own insurance broker.
- ALL participants must be made aware by the person booking the trip that all outdoor adventurous activities carry a degree of risk, even though Active Highs has tried to minimise these risks. Participants will only be accepted on the understanding that they are aware of these risks and wish to participate of their own free will.
- All participants will be asked to read, understand and sign a Declaration of Risk outlining the specific hazards of each activity, this will be completed prior to the activity taking place
- Under 18s will have the aforementioned formed signed by a parent or guardian
- All school and youth group trips will require parental/ guardian consent forms and medical forms to be completed prior to activity
- Active Highs reserve the right to make alterations to website and other marketing media details, and any other company documents, before and after any booking has been received and confirmed. Most of these changes will be minor and in most cases we will inform you at the earliest opportunity.